You are looking at Jamie Sarner’s Guide to Buying a Home in Toronto. Jamie will guide you through your home purchase step by step, one chapter at a time. Be ready for the process and ask smart questions and you too will turn your home purchase into a pleasant and exciting experience.
- Is now the right time to make a major lifestyle change? How do others prepare for the big change in their life? How much of an emotional investment will your move require?
- When you are choosing your new home, you will have to zoom in on the specifics: where you want to live, and what is important to you when it comes to your new home.
- How to understand the pros and cons of purchasing a house versus a condo? What does each have to offer? Learn about the differences in ownership and other considerations.
- Get a feel for the opportunities in Toronto real estate market. What are the specifics of houses, condos, and other properties in Toronto?
- Need help choosing your Realtor® in Toronto? Find out which you should ask your prospective real estate agent and what is important for you to know about him or her.
- Selecting and buying a home is an exciting task, but with insufficient planning or strategy, it may easily overwhelm you? Develop a solid strategy and zoom in onto your dream home easily with Jamie.
- How to deal with your Realtor®? Learn about disclosure requirements, the fiduciary relationship, and when and why agents must act in their clients’ best interests.
- What do you have to keep in mind when you attend an open house or a showing? How to effectively take notes and where to look for specialties? What to focus on and how to judge what you see?
- Do you have a top-ten or top-five list of houses you like? How do you compare and pick the right one from among them? Go back and re-examine them in turn with Jamie.
- What is a home purchase offer and how does one look like? Learn about the intricacies of offer placement, negotiation of price and other terms, and more.
- What is the difference between a firm and a conditional offer? When is it smart to extend one or the other? Learn how to assess the situation and extend a reasonable offer that is in your favour.
- Have you received a counter-offer from your seller? Learn how to recognize whether it is fair and craft a knowledgeable response.
- Learn how to cope with initial failures to find or purchase a house or a condo. Motivation and positive thinking is key.
- Learn how to prepare for the closing day. Which documents will be required from you? What questions will be asked and what should you be ready to answer, demostrate, or pay? Be ready and speed up the process.
- If everything is settled with your purchase and the contract, you should start planning for a move. Learn how to prepare for the moving day: check out Jamie’s tips on how to make good arrangements with everybody involved in the process, and see how best to organize the haul.
- Learn what is expected of you on the actual moving day and also about the procedures waiting for you after you arrive to your new Toronto home. Bon voyage!
If you are selling an old home while looking for the new one, you may be interested in Jamie Sarner’s Guide to Selling a House in Toronto as well.